SPIKE SELF-CARE LIST:
- play with or pet or walk with the dog
- play with or pet the cats
- watch the birds at the feeder
- sit on the deck
- watch a funny movie
- read a book
- blog or write something
- surf the net
- computer art
- draw or color
- go to a meeting
- call someone
- call someone else
- visit a friend
- go to a bookstore or greenhouse
- hold a frog
- take a bath
- take a nap
- ice cream
- power bars
- diner or take-out
- to have oodles of money.
- to travel around.
- to write a book that is good enough to be banned in 14 countries and challenged in 2.
- to continue living in a house that we own.
- to meet more of my blogging buddies.
Rules of the "Survivor Needs" Meme:
- Please link back to: http://survivorscanthrive.blogspot.com/2007/12/ive-created-survivor-needs-meme.html because that is where the meme came from. Marj aka Thriver created the meme specifically for survivors of any sort of abuse or assault, violence, etc.
- List 25 needs and five wants. Needs are the things you need in order to take care of yourself, not a list of things that other people, professional helpers, critics, and in-laws think you need. Your wants list can be anything that you want!
- Use this list to remind yourself to take care of YOU. It's nice to have other people around; however, it is not always possible. Those of us who call ourselves adults are ultimately responsible for getting our own needs met. No one other person can do it for us. Or: no one can be my everything. And I certainly am not looking to be anyone else's everything. We are all alone in our own skins. In my opinion, society as a whole needs to step away from the victim stance. Helplessness is a learned state and can be unlearned. It takes time and work. Anything worth having is worth working for.
- Pass on the meme and tag five people if you want to. As usual, I tag no one. Even if you are not a survivor, you can still do this meme. I'm not going to claim that we survivors have the monopoly on pain because it just ain't so.
Post a Comment