Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Blogging Tip of the Day: Vol. 11
1. Having a killer blog idea stuck in your head, and being able to think of nothing else, or get anything accomplished until you write out this blog. No matter how bad the timing is.
2. Having a killer blog idea go through your head, only to lose the entire idea by the time you are sitting in front of a keyboard and able to do anything about it.
Never fear by blogging friends, I don't just bring these things up so we can commiserate about them, I have a solution which actually gave me my life back, and it is so simple I am sure you all are doing it, and think I am an idiot for just finally realizing this in the past year. For the rest of you, you will be happy that I don't mind looking like an idiot, and bragging about the simple things I finally figure out.
Everyone basically has a smart phone now anyway, and no I am not going to tell you to write out blogs with a cell phone. What I am going to tell you is to keep a note program on your phone and jot down your great ideas, so that you can concentrate on other things. I use a program called Evernote, but there are plenty of note programs. I keep a "Blogging List" and I simply write down the ideas and then get back to them when I am at the keyboard. It shuts down my brain when I am supposed to be working, or at the gym, or paying attention to my wife, and it keeps me from forgetting what my brain at the time is telling me is the next great masterpiece. Win Win!
This Is Me
I have been bouncing around online for just about 20 years, so I have been there and have done that. It doesn't mean I didn't like it and wouldn't do it again. As most humans, I am a social animal. To be a social animal on the internet it is social media that binds us all together. I prefer Google + and Twitter but have pages on the other ones that I ignore, so you probably should too.
I blog a lot. If you don't like people that blog a lot then I don't know how you got here to begin with. You may want to just move along.
Contrary to popular opinion I hate politics, but have political opinions ..
The easiest way to get under my skin is to apply the "all you talk about is politics" tag. This is a common knee jerk reaction some have when they see something political, and unfortunately I don't hold back sometimes. As a matter of fact, I share more about health, fitness and blogging than politics, which you would know if you weren't busy dismissing me. I actually follow and interact with more people that disagree with me than agree with me politically. The list of "other than politics" seems to be growing everyday and it probably looks a lot like this:
- Blogging (I am a blogger and I blog a lot. Get used to it.)
- Health & Fitness (Avid bodybuilder and diet guru)
- Photography (If I don't know your language now you know why I follow you)
- Android (I love Android, and wouldn't wipe my rear end with an iPhone)
- Humor (If you are funny, I am going to like you)
- Sports (Patriots and Red Sox mostly)
- Music (You'd be surprised how diverse I get here)
- Quotes (I love quotes from historical and hysterical figures)