Today will be about Grooming. I don't know about anyone else but grooming is very important around here in Roseville. When it hurts to move at least you can smile and look great. This category is short and sweet so here we go.
1. A small sponge or a foam hair roller around the handle of a razor or an eyeliner pencil can make them easier to grasp.
2. Long-handled brushes and combs make it easier to reach hair.
3. Shaving or applying makeup is easier if you have a low mirror so you can sit down while doing either.
4, Talk to a hair stylist about "drip-dry" style. Special haircuts and/or permanents can eliminate rollers and/or hairdryers and still be very stylish.
5. If you have respiratory problems, switch to non-aerosol toiletries. You can get liquid or gel hair dressings and roll-on or solid deodorants.
6. Many toiletries can be purchased that are unscented or hypoallergenic.
That's it for grooming although writing this did bring back a couple of memories when I was younger about my hair.
As a kid growing up it was very important to have clean shiny hair. I remember taking long baths which included washing my hair of course. One day the tub drain got clogged. Needless to say, my dad got right on it, and after about an hour pulled this huge hair plug out of the drain. (My hair was all the way down my back)
Dad decreed, no more washing of the hair in the tub but once a week. The look of horror that came over my face would have made you laugh. Being the stubborn child that I was and still am -shhh- growing up in the desert had its advantages. I took to my hair needs outside.
I wasn't prepared for the icy cold blast of water after the garden hose got turned on, talk about brain freeze. Stubbornness and obsessive compulsion to have clean hair can hurt so beware.
My mother convinced my father to put a different drain in the family tub, I was back to washing my hair inside.
Do you have any war stories about grooming? I love stories so do tell.
100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol
I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.
Word 13. Cerulean: sky blue
The cerulean crayon matched the color of my eyes.